Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR)
Electrical installations deteriorate as time goes by and with use. As part of your regular maintenance checks, it is well worth investing in an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
It is recommended that you carry this out at least every 5 years to ensure that your electrical installations are in a safe and serviceable condition. This is particularly relevant for Landlords who are responsible for their tenants and for the electrical safety of the homes that are rented out.
What does an Electrical Installation Condition Report inform you of?
An Electrical Installation Condition Report should:
- Identify if there are any electrical circuits or equipment that are overloaded
- Reveal any potential electrical shock risks and fire hazards
- Find any defective DIY electrical work
- highlight a lack of earthing or bonding
- Reveal any departures from the National Standard (BS 7671)
Tests will also be carried out on the electrical installation to make sure that it is safe. The report that is given to you includes a schedule of circuits and it is useful to keep this schedule next to the Consumer Unit (Fuseboard).
Costs for Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR)
- 1 bed flat – £180-£200+VAT
- 2 or 3 bedroom flat – £270-£300+VAT
- 2 or 3 bedroom house – £300-£450+VAT
- 4 bedroom house – £450-600+VAT
*prices quoted are estimations and may vary based on circuitry values and installation condition.
The cost will include the cost of the certificate.
The Electrical EICR may highlight some electrical remedial work that needs to be done. Our electrician will be able to give you a quote for carrying out this work should you want to get this done.