Landlord Gas Safety Certificate
As a landlord an annual gas safety check must be carried by a Gas Safe Registered engineer under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
A gas safety check will ensure that the gas fittings and appliances in your property are safe to use.
Our engineers are all Gas Safe Registered so you can be confident that we are qualified to work safely and legally on your gas appliances.
We always work with your tenants to arrange convenient times to visit. Give us their contact details and we’ll book appointments for you, so you don’t have to worry.
Our prices start from just £95+VAT, so call us today on 020 3078 5920 to book in your service.
Landlord Gas Safety Certificate Cost
Our Landlord Gas Safety Certificates cost from £95+VAT, which includes a gas safety check carried out by one of our professional and experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers.
We also provide a combined Standard Boiler Service and Landlord Gas Safety Certificate from just £175+VAT. You can find more information regarding our pricing, by viewing our simple price list.
Please note that we cannot inspect parts of the installation that are not accessible or may result in damage to the property. Examples include: on a roof, in a loft without suitable access or pipework concealed in walls or under floors.
- Landlord Gas Safety Certificate
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available
- Check burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturers data plate
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person. An appliance can not be deemed as having been checked, until the above has been completed
- For a Landlords Safety Record inspection a tightness test of the full system should be added to the above
- Landlord Gas Safety Certificate& Boiler Service
- Our Gas Safe Registered engineers will carry out a full gas safety check with certificate CP12 plus Standard Boiler Service:
- We will check your gas boiler, controls and components
- Vital parts (heat exchanger and ignition)
- Boiler seal is tested (replaced for an additional charge)
- Visual boiler inspection to check for corrosion and leaks
- Flue analyser test to check combustion and burner pressure
Annual Gas Safety Checks for Landlords
Landlords are legally required to get all the gas applicances and flues in their residential properties checked every year and get a gas safety certificate.
The gas safety check must be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineeer. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register to work safely and legally on gas appliances.
You can trust that My Plumber will do all the neccesary checks and provide you with a certificate for your records. All of our engineers are experience professionals and are on the Gas Safe Register, the UKs official registration body created to protect the public against unqualified cowboy engineers and unsafe gas work.
Gas Safety Record
Below is an example of what a Gas Safety Record looks like, Your annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate will include the following as a minimum:
- A description and location of each appliance/flue checked
- Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- Date on which the check was carried out
- The address of the property where the appliance/flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or their agent where applicable)
- Any safety defect identified and any action required or taken to rectify it
- Confirmation of the results of the operational safety checks carried out on the appliances
Are CP12 and Gas Safety Records the same thing?
Yes. CP12 is an out-of-date but still used name for the Gas Safety Record. Landlord Gas Safety Record, Gas Safety Certificate, CP12 Form, CP12 Certificate, etc, are all names for the same thing.
Am I legally required to get these gas safety checks every year?
Yes, if you are a landlord of residential property under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
Does the landlord and the tenant need a copy?
Yes, a landlord should retain a copy of their gas safety checks. Landlords are legally required to provide the tenant with a copy within 28 days of the check being completed. Landlords are also required to give a copy of the latest record to new tenants upon the start of their tenancy.
Do you do a combined boiler service with landlord gas safety certificate?
Yes, from just £175+VAT we do a combined Landlord Gas Safety Certificate and Boiler Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding our gas safety checks, records, and certificates for landlords. If you require further information regarding these annual safety checks, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.